8.17.2010

The Remix: One-Shoulder Dress


Remember my one shoulder dress conundrum? Well, between your excellent advice, dear readers, and my love of belts and cardigans, I've come up with at least one (trust me, there will be more...) work appropriate solution! At first I was slightly skeptical, for I feared the dress looking awkward under the cardigan.  Fortunately, three elements worked together in my favor: 1) this dress hits fairly high across the collar bone, 2) the ruffle detail adds an interesting element under the cardigan and 3) I have fairly long hair!  Since the weather is still warm, I chose nude pumps to go with this outfit; however, come fall and winter I'll be wearing this ensemble with black patterned tights and peep-toe booties!

4 comments:

melissa rose said...

im loving those heels. where did you get them? the only ones i can find taht are similar are $100 at aldo... and im too cheap for those! lol

Maria at Bachman's Sparrow said...

Super cute! I think it looks great, definitely work appropriate :)

xoxo Maria

shopgracieb.com said...

Thanks so much for the kind words, ladies!

Melrose, I know which ones you're talking about at Aldo - I tried those on initially too, but they were so uncomfortable! These are Steve Madden Trinitie in blush and I have seriously worn them nonstop since I bought them - well worth the investment! Here's a link to Piperlime, where they are $80:
http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=703459022&tid=plfr1r

Happy Shopping!

Grace, Money Smart Fashion said...

umm love this! that cardigan fits perfectly over the dress.. and the nude pumps? swoon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails