Last weekend the hubbie had to work both Saturday (and night) as well as Sunday, which meant I had the weekend left to myself to clean, blog, organize and basically do whatever I wanted. So, after a full day Saturday filled with home improvement projects, walks with the dogs, and catching up with the 'rents over the phone, I settled in for some quality DVR time. I don't normally mix drinks at the house as I tend to be more of a wino, but for some reason a martini sounded like a good idea. A few shots of citrus vodka and several cups of lemon juice later and I had one tasty Lemon Drop Martini in my hands! Whether you're enjoying some alone time this weekend or having some girlfriends over, I would highly recommend making this part of your weekend. Enjoy!
Lemon Drop Martini
- 2-3 cups of lemon juice (I have rather large martini glasses)
- Sugar or Splenda to taste (I recommend tasting prior to adding vodka to make sure it's the right level of sweet - I used about 1/3 cup)
- 2 shots Vodka (plain or citrus flavored)
- 1 curled slice of lemon peel to garnish
- Shake with ice and enjoy in a large martini glass!