1.01.2010

"I Gotta Feelin'...


That tonight's gonna be a good night." 

Happy New Year, dear readers.  I hope you were able to spend last night with the ones that you love and enjoy ringing in 2010.  I think I mentioned earlier in the week that my husband and I were having some family and friends over to our house for New Year's Eve.  What a great evening we had! You know you had a great night when your champagne bottles are dry and your hors d'oeuvre trays are empty.  Here's the run down on the menu and some highlights from the evening. 

For the menu, I opted for appetizers versus a full meal.  Let's face it, it's that time of year when all we do is eat.  So, I opted for a well covered spread that people could graze off of rather than have another sit down meal.  One goodie that I kept recieving compliments on was this tasty little parmesan cracker .  The hint of black pepper and thyme paired with the parmesan was delish!  It was so simple, too!  Just add a little water if you try it.  The recipe doesn't state that, but trust me, it is necessary.











Yep ladies & gentlemen, that's the last one

Okay, so enough with the food... where are the drinks?!  Check out this beer display.  I thought that was a very creative touch from my hubbie.


 
Yes, that is snow in the cooler, chilling the beer :)



And, you must try Sam Adams winter assortment of beer.  It was so tasty!

Good food, good drinks, good friends.  What else could we ask for?  Yep, I got a feelin' that 2010 is gonna be a good year.  I'll leave you with a few more pictures.


Tasty turtles.  So easy - pretzels, Rolos & pecans (YUM!)


I left up some festive decorations from Christmas


A little mood lighting


A little champagne to ring in the new year


A few leftover goodies


And a smooch from my sweetie at midnight!


Happy 2010!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails