1.22.2010

Back to School

Last night, instead of cozying up in front of a warm fire and catching up on the 'ole DVR list I sat at a desk... in front of my laptop... until 8:15pm.

woot.

Sarcasm aside, this chic is returning to the classroom this semester. And, if everything goes as planned, it will be the start of my last year in the MBA program. While it can sometimes be hard to muster up the umph to go to class for nearly 3 hours after working all day, knowing that I'm almost where I want to be (with a Master's degree) makes it so worth it.

Another thing that makes it a little more bearable is the cool back to school stuff I get to purchase! Would you really expect anything less from me? I mean, you can't tell me that buying Trapper Keepers and pencil cases wasn't a little bit fun in grade school (either that or I am a huge dork)! While shoes did not make it to this list, here are some pretty cool items to help make the world of academia a little more fashionable and fun.



 This contraption holds file folders and even folds up and can be hung on the wall.


I love to use Post-It notes, so when I saw this set of cool pads from Russell and Hazel I knew I had to include it.  They come in just about every size and look a lot nicer than the neon colors you normally find at the drugstore. 


Okay, so I know I said a shoe didn't make it to the list, but did you really think I could go without including at least one shoe in this post? I was on Uncommon Goods website when I found this cute little stilleto-inspired letter opener.  Maybe not specifically a school supply, but still a cute office must-have!



I love this trashcan (also from Uncommon Goods)! Actually no can is needed, just recycle your old plastic grocery bag and viola... you've got the perfect basket to make shots at with your discarded term papers! Too cute!



At first glace this looks like a normal notepad, but it's actually a mousepad also!  I mean, talk about functionality! Anytime I can make life a little simplier, I try.

Alrighty, now that I'm all stocked up on cool school supplies, I guess I have no excuse to put off working on homework. Have a great weekend, dear readers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails