1.13.2010

A Brief Pause


This is a brief pause from my regular antics to discuss something a little more important than shoes.  Today on my way to Starbucks and work (in that order), I listened to news reports about the horrific earthquake that struck Haiti yesterday afternoon. Now, I have been through several hurricanes before, including the eye of Hurricane Fran in 1996 and thought the aftermath from that natural disaster was bad. But, I cannot even begin to fathom a 7.0 magnitude earthquake. Reporters say that this earthquake has left the city of Port-au-Prince and surrounding areas completely devastated and looking like the remains from a war zone. Literally, bodies are being piled along roadsides.

Then over lunch, I was reading one of my fav daily blogs when I saw what she had done and I decided to follow her lead. So, please reach out to the people of this country as they try to pick up the pieces of their lives after such an awful disaster.  You can access Red Cross.com here or I encourage you to talk to your church or local outreach to find out ways to help.  When you say your prayers tonight, say one for all the people that have been affected by this awful event.  A small amount can go along way. 

The Flip Side will resume regular blogging tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails