7.12.2010

Shop Your Closet: Military Jacket Outfits

Go Buy:
A Military Jacket - pictured: Old Navy, $12

What you already have in your closet:
A sun dress - pictured: Old Navy, $15
Pair of sandals - pictured: Payless sample
Cross body shoulder bag - Pictured: Payless sample

This blog is an ever growing and evolving extension of my own personal style.  That being said something dawned on me last week: for someone who doesn't spend too much money on her clothes and writes for readers who also do not spend much on their clothes, I've fallen into the trap of posting about really expensive clothes! I realized it had gone too far when my Mama commented that she loved the clothes I posted, but would love them more if she could afford them! 


With that being said, I'm happy to present you with the first installment of Shop Your Closet. I think I told you a while back that I love to play the game, "What is Gracie going to wear today?" in the mornings. I love shopping my own closet to mimic styles and trends I see on celebs and in magazines. The military-inspired jacket, for example, is a spring/summer item that has been very popular.  Celebs, models, and stylists have been pairing this go-to jacket with everything from jeans to dresses, heels and flats. Wearing the trend is not as difficult as it may seem and can be worn with items already available in your own closet. I managed to pull off the dress/military jacket combo for under $30. Just grab these pieces from your own wardrobe and you're set!

1 comment:

Grace, Money Smart Fashion said...

i love this post! And that dress is fab on you. I'm glad you are back!

don't forget to check out my giveaway post!
http://moneysmartfashion.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-giveaway.html

Related Posts with Thumbnails