7.19.2010

DIY: Flower Belt

The Inspiration:

My Version:

Oh, how I do love a belted cardigan!  I knew immediately when I saw the above picture from Ann Taylor Loft that I would need to recreate that flower belt somehow.  This little belt got me loads of compliments and was super easy to put together.  Literally, I got ready in minutes this morning and you can do it too (keep reading to find out how)! In fact, you probably already have everything you need in your own closet. If not, don't worry, flower accessories are big right now and can be found just about anywhere. I got my black flower pin on clearance at Kohl's for less than $3

Needed Essentials:
  • Belt that has openings to attach a pin, such as a braided belt (like what I'm wearing) 
  • Flower pin or hair bow, or fabric flower from an arts & crafts store
  • Safety pin (if using hair bow or fabric flower)
How To:
  1. After dressing, put on your belt the way you want to wear it for the day
  2. Adjust the belt buckle so that it is either to the right or left of the center of your body
  3. Secure your flower to your belt so that it is covering up the belt's buckle
  4. Wear all day and receive lots of compliments! 
Now, you know...  Happy Monday!

PS - Lady Gaga pics and concert details coming shortly. Still trying to recover from the most amazing weekend ever!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails