2.17.2010

Currently Browsing: Bombe Chests


A friend of mine recently approached me with a project, which involved finding a more reasonably priced alternative to this beautiful bombe chest (pictured above) from Crate & Barrel.  Now, I love a good search for a well priced item.  It's something about the hunt of finding exactly what I want at exactly the right price.  It's my version of crack an adrenaline rush, so it should go without saying that this project was a lot of fun for me.  I hope it helps, Kim!  The following options are all priced at least $200 less than the the Crate & Barrel chest, but still very beautiful.

Option 1
Nebraska Furniture Mart Hand Painted Bombe Chest $379.99

Option 2

Option 3
I am in amazement that even Pottery Barn is priced better! Beautiful!
Pottery Barn Daniella Chest $599.00

Option 4
Okay, so this option is what I would call an updated version of the bombe chest, which is typical coming from Ikea (I love that store!). The legs and hardware keep it bombe like, while the straight edges give it a bit more modern feel. It may not be quite what you're looking for, but for the price I had to include it. 
Ikea Edland $199
 

Option 5
Finally, if you're not in a huge hurry to buy, the following are a few additional shopping destinations I would scout once or twice just to see what they have in stock. I was unable to include pictures from these stores because you never know what they are going have.

  1. Hobby Lobby
  2. Gallery Classic
  3. Tuesday Morning

Alrighty, happy shopping!  I hope this helps in your quest for a bombe chest!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails