10.04.2010

is it possible to dress up a plaid shirt?


I don't know, but I sure tried! And, would you believe that it is a K-Mart shirt, no less? Okay, probably. It's not the greatest quality, but who cares? It's cute, and it satisfied a plaid craving like the one I woke up with last Tuesday. Plus, it set me back an entire $10! I paired the outfit with my suede peep-toe booties (which was a splurge, but sooo worth it!) and I felt pretty on trend for fall. Okay, so one more fun fact for the day: my toe nail polish is actually from Payless! Did you know that the shoe retailer is offering beauty products in a select number of stores? I am absolutely in love with this deep maroon color.

6 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Hey! It would also be fun to dress it up w/ a faux fur vest or some crazy jewels a la J Crew ;)

Hope you have a great Monday!

C said...

I definitely believe that plaid shirts can be dressed up, and you've done a great job. I think fancier shoes and accessories are key, and these peep-toe booties are perfect!

20 YORK STREET said...

Yes, and you've done it well! I've been searching for a nice but cheap one this weekend but no cigar!

Love your booties of course!

besos,

Win a Banana Republic Statement Necklace at:

20 YORK STREET

shopgracieb.com said...

thanks gals, for your great comments!

Brianne, I love the idea of faux fur! I was kicking myself this morning on the way to work because I found a great vest last year at Kohl's that I didn't buy :(

Grace, Money Smart Fashion said...

ohhh i love it! i think you did a great job dressing it up. You may have inspired my next outfit post. We'll see.

FashionAddict said...

Lady, I am DIGGING those shoes!!!! You look amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails