1.09.2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I'm not sure how anyone else feels, but this weekend could not come fast enough for me.  I think a combination of my parents being here and the insurmountable mountain of snow in my yard has made me crawl out of bed every morning with a little tear in my eye.  So, to celebrate the weekend's arrival Mom & I enjoyed a girl's night in last night (yes in, because it's -10 degrees outside).  Call us crazy, but neither one of us is interested in the Monster Truck Rally and beer in which our husbands find entertaining. 

We put several logs on the fire, poured a couple of huge glasses of Merlot and curled up on my couch in our comfies to enjoy the start of the weekend.  Therefore, In honor of our night in, here's my fav list of things that really channel a proper girl's night. 


Best chic-flick of all time, Steel Magnolias.  I believe every woman should watch it, and every southern woman should own it.  Yes, it's in my DVD collection.




Painting your nails.  Seen above: my newest fav color Essie's Mint Candy Apple



Every girl's night has to have a big bottle of wine.  Two of my favorite brands of wine come from vineyards near the area I grew up - Hinnant Family Vineyards & Duplin Winery.  Both wineries make their wines from muscadine grapes and they are phenomenal!




And last but not least, chocolate chip cookies (or, maybe just the dough)! Cookies are probably one of my favorite snacks of all time.  Besides, what else are you going to use to wash down the wine? Try this recipe, it looks like so much fun!


Have a wonderful Saturday, dear readers!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails